Here is a selection of questions that we are often asked by our clients, suppliers and partners and we hope they help you too.

Can I put a new fire in an existing home?

Yes – If you already have a log burner and only (as of 31 October 2017) if it is a “low emmission burner”. Importantly, after 1 January 2019, new building consent applications will only permit the installtion of Ultra Low Emmission Burners (ULEBs).

Can I put log fire in my new home?

Yes, if you are instaling a ULEB; or, your land is over two hectares; or, if you property is outside the clean air zone. Click here for ECAN’s clean air rules.

How do I know I'm in a clean air zone?

We suggest you visit this website take a look at the clean air map by agreeing to ECANS Ts and Cs and entering your address: Click here to visit the Ecan website. If there is no information associated with your address, call ECAN direct on 0800 324 636.

Is there Govenment Funding available for the installation of solid fuel heating?

Yes. Clean Air Grants may soon be available up to $6000. Find out more by visiting ECAN Home Heating.